Women's day - today & everyday !
#choosetochallenge
Every year,
we hear of our side of the story from a largely male dominated group of
individuals - be it in the boardroom or at home.
It is funny
to think that men speak on behalf of us and give themselves a pat on the back
at having figured us out. I imagine a group of male copywriters busy over the
Dove Ad or the likes
If you wish
to do something special for the women in your life , let them do the talking
today. Let them express how they feel without judging or trying to relate. I
know most of you mean well and don't want to say anything wrong or inappropriate
or appear as someone who lives under a rock by not celebrating the women in
your life today.
If you really want to do something, do this. Not today , but everyday of your life. See the person for who they are and not the gender or orientation they represent. If you see someone driving badly on the road, call them out for driving badly, but don't generalize saying ‘ Ah, no wonder, its a woman driving’.
We don't need a special seat the table, we will make it there eventually. When we do get
there, don ‘t look at us as a diversity candidate, but for who we are !



This is brilliant!! Happy Women's Day 🌸
ReplyDeleteThank you !
DeleteWorded perfectly!
ReplyDeleteIt is so difficult to express such a complex topic, and yet, it has been executed flawlessly!
(This is Anisha Thete, and I’m here from Shruti’s IG. I hope I’ll get to read more of your work :) )
Thank you so much Anisha! So glad you could relate .
Delete